On the agenda for future articles:
- On-the-ground reporting from Maison et Objet, THE european décor conference where designers from all over the world converge to present the colors, shapes, textures and textiles for the coming season ... which hot trends and sophisticated classics will be seen in design magazines, shops and eventually - your home. This is the logo for the January show! more to come on that but you can see off the top how fashion and beauty influences design and décor at this event ... they are integral to each other and the result is amazing!
- How to plan your own treasure hunt on a trip to France...sources for cool markets, shops and venues for unique treasures. Or if a trip to France is off the list this year, come along with us as we scout and share cool ideas and finds.
- Meet local artists and artisans to learn more about their works and inspiration. We will feature artists and artisans featured in our sister store as well as stylemakers from all over France.
- Armchair travelling to inspiring cities, museums, historical places of interest that inspire us and potentially you ... whether it is a baroque cathedral, country chic café, or french new wave 60s modern Belmondo styled bar in the middle of nowhere (yes, we do stumble across those)! we'll be bringing you quirky, one-of-a-kind locales to get those creative juices flowing.
- and many other surprises along the way!
So sit back, grab a café and enjoy the ride! and believe it when I say you never know what to expect on a French adventure. One thing is for sure, you have to just relax and roll with it!
Our guest correspondent for The French Connection is Kimberlee Mancha, mother of Johnelle and co-founder of Mignonne Décor. Now living in France, Kimberlee started our sister shop "The Bohemians" in 2009. She will be providing live updates for all you Francophiles and lovers of beautiful European inspirations.
maison et objet image courtesy of Maison et Objet