Spring is just around the corner and there are some trends afoot for 2009 that Mignonne can help with:
1. Nesting! with the slowdown in the economy and belt-tightening occurring ... this year folks are focusing on feathering their home nests, creating comfort frugally and foregoing travel and those extra nights out. At Mignonne, we work hard to find affordable treasures, both new and vintage, to help you achieve your design vision.
2. Hot colors for spring are bright, bright, BRIGHT! Think cornflower blues, fuschia pinks, sunny yellows and citron greens! These colors are meant to infuse optimism and punch into what some are predicting to be a somewhat dreary 2009. Now these colors are intense and we recommend moderation ... but at Mignonne we can help transform a signature furniture piece with a punch of the season's favorite colors. This is a great way to refresh your look affordably and infuse your home with a breath of spring vitality.
3. Toile ... that's right toile is STILL in and of course, at Mignonne we love this French look. Jazz up an old classic by choosing one of the fun and flirty new toiles, like Richard Saja's "Historically Inaccurate" toile or maybe "Harlem Toile" by Sheila Bridges? Whether it is classic vintage toile, or one of the new takes on the original, Mignonne can help you select just the style for your room ... and even assist in recovering a favorite chair or stool in time for Spring.
4. Eclectic ~ this spring is "I'm free to be me" style ... mix and match your favorite pieces and eras (from Deco to mid-century) to create your own unique look. With Mignonne's great selection of all things vintage, from furniture to textiles to tabletop ... we're here to help you find yourself!
5. Reuse, repurpose, recreate ... Johnelle's talent with refurbishing furniture and other design accessories is at your disposal at Mignonne. Whether it is redesigning a piece you own or partnering with you to select and restore ... our design services are friendly, affordable and meant to please. Wherever possible, we utilize products that are eco-friendly and lighter on the environment.
See ... this spring it isn't so hard to be a trendsetter and not break the bank! Feel free to stop by and let us assist with your Spring spruce-up!